This mill, originally purchased by the Des Moines City Improvement Company, was sold to William Van Gasken in 1890 and was very successful until the depression of 1893, when Van Gasken also sold it. The mill had a capacity of 15,000 board feet and employed 15 men. Copy 5 (shingle mill copy) of 7 black and white prints.
To order a reproduction or to inquire about permissions, contact the Des Moines Historical Society at 206-824-5226 or firstname.lastname@example.org or PO Box 98055, Des Moines WA 98198. Please mention the Image Number.
The Des Moines Historical Society photographic collection was scanned with an image type of "color photo" or "black & white photo" using an Epson photo scanner. Resolutions used generally were 720 dpi (10" x 12"), 1200 dpi (3" x 4" and 5" x 8") or 1600 dpi (for smaller pictures), and saved as TIFF images. Using Adobe Photoshop 7.0, images were reduced to a size of three inches on the long side, and the image numbers were added. The Des Moines Historical Society retains the original scanned files. For exact information on this image and others in the database, contact the Historical Society.